Import into specific query folder?

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Hi

I'm using your tool to import queries into all the projects in our collection (2010). I can't seem to import the query anywhere other than the Team Query folder. If I place any type of path in the /n parameter, it balks and gives me an error saying that's not a valid name for the query.

Little help?

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Hi,

The /n parameter supports the path of the query but you need to use the / delimiter. Here's an example to import the Bug Report.wiq query inside the "My Queries/Reporting":

wiqadmin import /collection:http://mytfs:8080/tfs/mycollection /p:myproject /n:"My Queries/Reporting/Bug Report" /f:"Bug Report.wiq"

The folders will be created automatically if they don't exist.

Guillaume

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Thanks for your reply, Guillaume. When I did as you mentioned, it throws an error: TF26059: The query name is not recognized. Here is my redacted command:

wiqadmin import /s:"myTFSServerCollection" /p:"ProjectName" /n:"Team Queries/General Queries/All Milestones" /f:"MyPathHere\WorkItemTracking\Queries\General Queries\All Milestones.wiq"

Your example places the query in the My Queries folders, and my command is attempting to place the query in the Team Queries folders. I am TFSAdmin, so this shouldn't be a permissions issue.

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I see in your example that you are using the /s parameter. This parameter doesn't exists in the TFS 2010 version of wiqadmin but in the TFS 2008 version. You may have the wrong version of WiqAdmin. Here's the link to download the TFS 2010 version: http://wiqadmin.codeplex.com/downloads/get/466109

You will have to use the /collection parameter instead of the /s parameter.

Guillaume

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Yes, I had to use the 2008 version since the 2010 just errors out. I'm not sure why, so I just used the 2008 version. So, to the issue at hand concerning paths; any ideas?

Thanks again for responding!

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Hi,

The 2008 version doesn't support paths as TFS 2008 doesn't support it. Could you provide more information on the error you get with the 2010 version ?

Thanks.